Jan 2017 Inspection Highlights
Leadership & Working Together:
- Since taking up your position in September 2015, you have built effectively on the school's many strengths. You and your team are passionate in your ambition to continue to improve the school.
- You have developed a very positive culture for learning.
- Your leadership team and governors are all dedicated to ensuring a positive working relationship with parents.
- Parents' views are important to you and staff act quickly on any feedback they provide.
- Working parents particularly appreciate early morning meetings to discuss progress while their children attend breakfast club.
- The school is a vibrant and happy community.
- Staff and pupils understand and uphold the school's values.
- Pupils, including those in the early years, are enthusiastic about their work and are keen to show how much they have improved.
- All groups of pupils at this school make good progress.
- In the Early Years a much higher proportion than found nationally reach a good level of development.
- In both 2015 and 2016, the school's performance in the phonics screening check was better than national average.
- At the end of key stage 1 a greater percentage of pupils, when compared with the national average, attained the expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Staff have been well trained and carefully supported. As a result, teachers have maintained the good outcomes for pupils at the end of key stage 2.
- Well-targeted funding has ensured that disadvantaged pupils make good progress. This is because you carefully track their progress and put in place effective interventions for those who need to improve.
- Safeguarding is a high priority in this school.
- Staff have a deep understanding of the individual needs of pupils.
- Pupils say they feel safe at school.
- You ensure the curriculum provides pupils with the necessary skills to keep themselves safe, including when online.
Jan 2017 Inspection Letter
Please find below our short inspection letter. This will be published on the Ofsted website on 20th February 2017.