Resources Committee members Zara d'Archambaud, Headteacher
Eddy McDowall, Foundation Governor and Chair of the Resources Committee (Chair of Governors)
Caroline Oretagu, Parent Governor
Catherine Turner, Associate Governor & School Business Manager
The Terms of Reference below outline the responsibilities of the Resources Committee
In consultation with the Headteacher, to:
- draft the first formal budget plan of the financial year.
- establish and maintain an up to date 3 year financial plan.
- consider a budget position statement at least termly and to report significant anomalies from the anticipated position to the Governing Body.
- ensure that the school operates within the Financial Regulations of the County Council.
- monitor expenditure of all voluntary funds kept on behalf of the Governing Body.
- annually review charges and remissions policies and expenses policies.
- make decisions in respect of service agreements.
- make decisions on expenditure following recommendations from other committees.
- prepare financial statements for inclusion in the governing body report to parents.
- ensure, as far as it is practical, that Health and Safety issues as prioritised by Premises are appropriately funded.
- determine whether sufficient funds are available for pay increments as recommended by the Headteacher.
- bring budget in at 4% carry forward.
In the light of the Headteacher Performance Management Group’s recommendations, to determine whether sufficient funds are available for increments.
- draft and keep under review the staffing structure in consultation with the Headteacher.
- establish a Salary Policy for all categories of staff and to be responsible for its administration and review.
- oversee the appointment procedure for all staff.
- establish and review a Performance Management policy for all staff*.
- oversee the process leading to staff reductions.
- keep under review staff work/life balance, working conditions and well-being, including the monitoring of absence.
- make recommendations on personnel related expenditure.
- consider any appeal against a decision on pay grading or pay awards.
- agree job descriptions as appropriate.