Writing RAP 1
• Improve the standard of writing with a focus on boys’ performance so that boys perform in line with girls in all classes. Expected standards in writing to be at least 85% at the end of the year for each year group. 100% of SEN/PP pupils targeted to make at least expected progress in writing and 65% are making better than expected.
• Introduce a handwriting scheme across the school with the expectation that all pupils are consistently joining their writing by Year 2.
• Raise expectation for spelling so that at least 80% of pupils in each class spell the expected year group words correctly across all subjects.
Phonics and Comprehension skills RAP 1
• Continue to develop the confidence and expertise of all staff especially teaching assistants to teach high quality phonics so that at least 90% of pupils reach the expected standard at the end of Year 1 and at least 100% pass the re-test at the end of Year 2.
Maths RAP 2
• Increase the teaching of timestables and identified basic number facts so that all children can apply these skills at an age appropriate level resulting in at least 85% reaching the expected level by the end of the year and 100% of SEN and PP making at least expected progress.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment RAP 3
• Provide clear, whole school expectations for effective learning for pupils linked to the growth mind-set approach so that lesson visits, book monitoring, pupil feedback and learning environments show that pupils are fully engaged in the learning process. All classes to have interactive road to learning displays.
SEN/PP/Pupils at Risk RAP 4
• Target quality first teaching for SEN and PP boys in writing so that they perform in line with girls.
Early Years RAP 5
• Increase opportunities for writing especially in the outside area so that at least 85% of pupils achieve the expected standard at the end of FS and boys perform in line with girls.
Key priorities for 2016-17