• Solving one step and two step problems involving money and measures.
• Fractions - identifying fractions of shape and mixed number fractions.
• Fraction and decimal fraction equivalence for simple fractions.
• We will be learning the 6 times tables!
• Collecting, organising, presenting, analysing and interpreting data in tables, tally charts, pictograms and bar charts.
Shape and Space and Measures
• Measuring length and weight using standard units of measure, including the reading of scales.
• Direction - compass points and coordinates
• Time - use am and pm and read the time to the nearest minute.
Scientific and technological understanding
Moving and Growing
The human skeleton
Exercise and health.
Bones, Joints and Muscles
Writing newspaper reports about the discovery of Tutankhamen’s tomb.
Understanding English, Communication and Languages
Poetry Creating images and the use of figurative language in poetry.
Non-fiction Newspapers and Magazines; the discovery of Tutankhamen’s tomb
Fiction Fantasy stories
Our Spelling Rules this term are: Rules for pluralisation.
Understanding the Arts
Art and D.T.
Making a mini sarcophagus, using pneumatics.
The Jewish festivals of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
The Christmas Story: Journeys of Mary and Joseph, the shepherds and the Three Wise Men.
Understanding Physical Development, Health and Well Being
Invasion games, such as netball, hockey and handball.
PE will take place on Tuesdays.
Swimming will take place on Wednesday afternoons
Personal Health and Social Education
Our theme is term is ‘Getting On and Falling Out’.
Historical, Geographical and Social Understanding
This term we will be studying ancient Egypt, in particular:
• Where is Egypt?
• The importance of the River Nile.
• Howard Carter Lord Carnarvon and the discovery at Giza.
• The structure of Ancient Egyptian society.
• Tutankhamen and hieroglyphs.
• The Afterlife including Gods, the Underworld and mummification.
• Countries around the world, geographical location of towns, giving directions and points of a compass.
• We will also continue to review work already covered in order to consolidate understanding.
• Conversational skills.