• Place value (0-10,000), partitioning, ordering and rounding 4 digit numbers.
• Mental addition and subtraction of 2 and 3 digit numbers.
• Multiplying and dividing numbers by 10 and 100 and identifying doubles of 2-digit numbers.
• Solving one step and two step problems involving money and measures.
• Collecting, organising, presenting, analysing and interpreting data in tables, tally charts, pictograms and bar charts.
Shape and Space and Measures
• Drawing and classifying polygons and visualising 3D objects and 2D drawings.
• Measuring length and weight using standard units of measure, including the reading of scales.
Understanding English, communication and language
Information Texts - linked to our topic on the rainforest.
We will be creating images and looking at the use of figurative language in poetry.
This term we will be revising the high frequency words and distinguishing between the spelling and meaning of homophones.
Reviewing work from the previous year to recap and to enhance and encourage confidence and conversational skills.
New themes are pets, numbers to 40 and telling the time.
Understanding the Arts
Exploring rhythmic patterns.
Different styles e.g. lullaby, chants, jazz and rap.
Art and D.T.
Rainforest 3D decoupage pictures.
Understanding physical development, health and well being
• Invasion games, such as netball, hockey and handball.
• Dance linked to our Rainforest theme.
PE will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please make sure your child has a PE kit in school at all times (PE days may change) including plimsolls for indoors and trainers for outdoor lessons. A warm jumper and tracksuit bottoms are also necessary during the colder months.
This term's theme is "New Beginnings".
Scientific and technological understanding
• Organisms - all living things.
• Identify different habitats and the animals and plants that live there and how they are suited to their habitats.
• Identification using keys.
• Food chains.
• Collecting, presenting and analysing data.
• Sorting and classifying, using tree diagrams.
Historical, geographical and social understanding
• Identifying and locating the world's rainforest.
• Climate and the different layers of the rainforest.
• Flora and fauna of the rainforest.
• Environmental issues.
• Indigenous tribes of the rainforest.